Thursday, September 2, 2010

Visual Design

For my assignment I had to take pictures based off of two forms of design. This is my first.


This was the first of my two categories. It was centre of interest. I took a this picture of my girlfriend in the grass. It was right in the golden hour. I had no intention of taking a shot like this but then I noticed how beautiful the grass was. All of the focus is on her and specifically her eyes. The grass was a very plain background making all the attention on her.

This is my second shot. This one is based off of the design symbolism. This shot inspired me in several ways. I think what it represents to me most is of the blur of things around us. Even in other people. I think that often we can be unaware of what is around us. Trapped between lights. In the moment people around us seem to be a blur, or even not real. Vagueness can often be the most real expression of all.

3 comments:

  1. Tremendous. Somehow I knew you'd hit this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Was it difficult finding the proper white balance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No- there really was just the right amount of light for the shot. It worked out exactly how I wanted it. Made me very happy.

    ReplyDelete