Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pictures from up top

For this assignment my task was to take pictures from the perspective of being on top. In essence, and the easiest way to describe this, would be to take a birds eye view. My initial thoughts were to get on a plane and take shots looking down. However, I am not a billionaire and I have not a personal jet for my own use, so instead I went out to get my own shots. Here they are.

This is my first shot. It was in the one hour my teacher gave us to take photos on campus. The shot represents a lot more than I could possibly say. The flower for me brings no joy but at the same time brings beauty. The first emotion it evokes in me is death. The flower is passing on. No longer alive it slowly withers and goes back into the earth. However, it will come back. Not as itself but as its children. Next spring it's children will give it praise by being the wonderful colors it once use to be. I believe this represents human life. People pass but live on every day as the descendants of who their fathers were. Every person lives a legacy that will be carried on by those after him. 


This photograph I think is my favorite of the two shots. Trails mean the world to me. I am an outdoorsman and a backcountry hiker so trails represent to me the journey of life. As I was coming up these stairs I was pondering those very thoughts. About how life can be hard to endure sometimes. It seems at some points that I am constantly climbing with no support. It is in these time I forget to look down and just notice how beautiful things are, both under me and around me. Life is a very long trail for me, and I think at the end of it I shall be somewhere very beautiful. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Andi. I really like your second shot; something about the angle of the shot and texture within the shot really makes this shot work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second photograph!!! I mean LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious as to why the left side of the first picture is strangely dark.
    I mean to say the darkness of it seems unnatural. Can you explain why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Flash is the reason. It was actually in the middle of the day as you know. But I was in the middle of the bushes.

    ReplyDelete