Thursday, October 14, 2010

Portraits

For this assignment my teacher asked me to take photographs in the style of portrait. My subject is one of my friends, named Clay. I love the shots I got. Here they are.
This is my shot, or at least the shot for this assignment. I love this shot because I think it represents a portrait the most. I think that it is the most representative of a portrait then most of my other shots. I really like this shot because it catches him in true human action. Most portraits that are taken are of humans in a faked actions and emotions. I believe I have caught clay in this instance in his real actions and emotions. Something I have ever rarely done. 

The rest of my shots are from this same assignment. I just really like a ton of them. I hope you like them as well. Please let me know what you think.









3 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!! I can tell you put a lot of work into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, very gritty. What a great job with your shots - I love the first one - for all the reasons you mentioned. Love the double exposure with Clay standing on both ends, very creative. I'm very proud of you Andi - keep working hard, it really pays off with a great finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As before, you have made me think about how I could have done my pictures better. I agree with you on that portraits normally are void of any emotion.

    ReplyDelete