Sunday, August 29, 2010

Three Perspectives

My teacher asked me to take a picture of something very familiar but with three different perspectives. I thought the task was very challenging but I generally like things that challenge my boundaries. I chose the cliche answer. I chose to do it over water. When most people think of water they think of it in the traditional sense. They do not see beyond the boundaries. However, I see water in a completely different way. The Photos are as follows.

I liked this photo for the imagery of water. It is in context with earth but at the same time gives off a very reflective state. The strands of water to me represent streams of life flowing into the earth, reflecting that life all around them. 

I like this photo because very rarely do people see the untamed side of water. In most instances when people think of water they think of it as flowing peacefully in a river or in the substances they drink. The truth is water is one of the most powerful substances on this planet. I think this photo illustrates just how unpredictable water can be. 


This Photo is different. I know that on first appearance the tendency is to think that this is the night sky full of stars. I assure you though there is no where in Nashville where I could get a shot of the sky like this. This is actually a shot of water plummeting to the sky. To me it represents the vastness of the substance as well as the complexity of both its shape and appearance.  

1 comment: