For this shot I had a certain idea in my head. In this picture you notice that the salt and pepper shaker are the frames. Beyond are the hands of my friend. A lot of people seem not to find beauty in the simple things around them, but I make it a point to find every small detail beautiful in life. My favorite thing about this shot is the reflection of the hands and the hands themselves. Hands are such an essential part of life, they display our intentions in many ways. Here I have captured the idea of the feeling of right after one eats. That point in dinner where one is at rest from full stomach and talking with friends. That to me is true beauty.
This shot may be the more obscure of the two shots. I can easily see how someone would not think this is a glimpse because the frame may not be a clear as one thinks. However, to me it is obvious what the frame is, the lights. I consider it a glimpse in another reason as well. I know that the rule states that a glimpse can not have a trail going off into the distance, and though this has that very concept it also has a point of focus, the building. This represents to me the two paths that man can take along the lighted path, one can choose to stop and rest, or one could choose to continue on in their journey. This picture is sort of a Robert Frost play off for me. The lights also seem to play a song to me. Something sweet and beautiful. All in all, it just seemed to me like this could under a certain mind be the perfect definition of a glimpse.
Great job on both but especially on the first! The way you seem to see the beauty in all of life's settings has inspired me. I'm going to try harder with my next assignment to get a picture like one of yours.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the first one. When I saw it, it took my breath away.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots and I really liked your thought process behind your shots. Excellent job Andy!
ReplyDeleteThe first one is very cool!
ReplyDelete