Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silhouettes

My assignment for the weekend was to capture two silhouette shots. A silhouette being of course the outline of a person, without the features being noticeable. In a lot of ways like an eclipse. I found this assignment to be a marvelous challenge. Here are my two shots.

I absolutely loved this shot. I thought it represented the assignment perfectly. I think it is very reminiscent of what it is to look out of life's windows. One might notice that it is raining outside. I captured, or for me at least, the very concept of sorrow. Without even seeing his face, one can feel his emotions.

           For this shot I set up my camera in a parking garage. This shot took a little bit longer to get. I wanted this shot because I liked the way that the lines in the garage synchronized together. My idea was to get the motion going towards my camera. Notice that the lights line up with the one way sign behind the man.

3 comments:

  1. I like both of these photos. I really like how you achieved the effect you were after in both. A lot of times photographers have a concept but the execution falls a bit short. Not in this case.

    They both are great examples of silhouette. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the pictures. :) Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued at how seemingly effortlessly the first one captures the emotion of the person you photographed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete