Thursday, September 23, 2010

Timeless

For this assignment I was assigned the privilege of taking a picture of something of timeless. I was given one hour to take it in. With a positive attitude, a watch, and my camera I set out to take my picture. My results were as following.
I for one love this photo. The idea came to me when talking to some fellow students of mine during the hour that I was assigned the project. It occurred to me that bamboo, or in this instance cane, is one of the oldest organisms in the world. The shot came out grainy which I was perturbed with at first. However, I was fine with it after second thoughts, after all digital cameras have not always existed. The bamboo represents an ancient thing to me, kind of a reverent respect for the earth. Something that not a lot of people have for the earth these days. The leaves in the light dance and turn. The stalks reach up to the sky. Earth is after all one symphony of beauty. Another reason I love this photo is that not only can one not tell when this picture was taken, but if one knew nothing about the photographer or the assignment one could not tell where it was taken. 

2 comments: