Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanks to give



This picture means more to me than any other picture I have taken this semester. It is of my grandparents living room. A room that I have grown up in. This picture is not of a lot of things that makes sense. If you notice, most of the furniture does not match, the TV is sitting on a table that is five times if not more than its own age. It is beautiful for it represents what my grandparents believe. They believe that something is always useful, that nothing is ever completely lost in this world. They believe that people are still just as meaningful and important today as they were two thousand years ago. They have not much money being missionaries, so they use the same furniture they have collected over the years. I grew up a lot in this house. This visit was the first time in about two years that I was able to return to it, largely due to family happenings. This room is beautiful to me though, because of the love it represents to me, love that does not give up. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing something as valuable and personal as this shot and your words. I am glad that you have such fond memories of your Grandparents and the times you spent together and knowing that their lives have helped shape the man that you are today. That makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what else to say after what she said! Great job all semester long.

    ReplyDelete